Galway Community Circus is Ireland’s flagship organisation for youth and social circus in Galway with a local, national and international remit. Our aim is to advance the artistic, personal and social development of young people through circus arts. Everything we do at Galway Community Circus is in support of one overriding vision; bringing the joy of circus arts to the community.
To further our vision, we have established the following aims and objectives:
- To create an imaginative and non-competitive learning environment which intends to enhance participants’ sense of well-being.
- To ensure that our work is centred on young people, and that their voices are represented in all aspects of our work.
- To promote social inclusion by actively targeting young people who are considered excluded or isolated because of their circumstances and to continue developing social inclusion measures that remove barriers to participation.
- To ensure the circus operates to the highest standards of governance and management and to maintain and develop our work in accordance with our ethos and guiding principles.
- To create a centre of excellence for youth and social circus education in Ireland.