The ISACS Network calls on the Government to support and secure the future of the Street Arts, Circus and Spectacle sector which has been decimated by the current Global health crisis. This sector was the first to be impacted with the immediate cancellation and closure of festivals, events and venues and will undoubtedly be the last to return.
The street, circus and spectacle art forms not only represent our identity as a nation, but they bring together communities in a spirit of celebration and unrivaled joy. The sense of loss that we feel without these moments of collective energy and wonder, is real and is tangible. Lets not just protect them, lets support and empower them.
We call on the Government to:
- Increase funding for the Arts Council to €135 million in 2021.
- Increase investment in the promotion of Irish arts internationally with a commitment of €10 million towards Culture Ireland.
- Ensure artists and arts workers are supported through the PUP and the EWSS.
- Guarantee a ring fenced funding contribution towards the Street Arts, Circus and Spectacle art forms through the Arts Council of €2.5 million.
- Research and resource the need for a national structure for the development of Circus arts.
- Implement immediate and urgent Insurance Reform.
As part of this call to action, ISACS is urging everyone to reach out to their local TDs to ask them to read our pre-budget submission which may be helpful when they are contributing to discussions and decisions around our sector.
To find out who your local TD is, click here to go to whoismytd.com→