The ISACS Network is delighted to be partnering on the Planning for Outdoors Performance Programme with 5 Local Authority Arts Offices – Roscommon County Council– lead partner, Cork City Council, Kerry County Council, Laois County Council and Tipperary County Council – and National Resource Organisations – Poetry Ireland / Éigse Éireann, Music Network and Theatre Forum. Management services are provided by Promenade Ireland.
POP, is supported through the Invitation to Collaboration scheme by The Arts Council of Ireland, bringing together the aforementioned Local Authorities through the delivery of a series of pilot outdoor arts events in new public spaces. POP aims to develop a framework and a training programme around the importance and practical needs for creating art in public spaces.
As part of this initiative, POP partners are delivering a series of Free online training seminars where the 5 local authorities are providing an opportunity for the local communities in their areas – anyone who has connections (living or working in) Cork, Kerry, Roscommon, Laois or Tipperary – to expand their knowledge of outdoor arts.
Here is the full list:
- October 3rd, at 12:30 pm – Session 1: History/context of the development of outdoor arts with Lucy Medlycott – Founder & Director of ISACS. Register here→
- October 10th, at 12:30 pm – Session 2: Programming and developing a vision for your outdoors arts event with Mike Leahy – Artistic Director of Waterford Spraoi and Avril Stanley – Director & Founder of Body & Soul Festival. Register here→
- October 17th, at 12:30 pm – Session 3: Introduction to the logistics of outdoors arts events with Rose-Anne Kidney – Director Goldiefish Events. Register here→
- October 24th, at 12:30 pm – Session 4: Budgeting, partnerships and raising money for outdoors arts with Kath Gorman – Creative Director of Promenade and Rose-Anne Kidney – Director Goldiefish Events. Register here→
- November 7th, at 12:30 pm – Session 5: Marketing, PR, Comms & evaluation for outdoors events with Ciara O’Mahony – Project Manager with Promenade, Conall Ó Riain – Communications and Development Manager with Cork Midsummer Festival and Sinead O’Doherty – PR. Register here→
- November 14th, at 12:30 pm – Session 6: The team – roles, responsibilities with Rose-Anne Kidney – Director Goldiefish Events. Register here→
- November 21st, at 12:30 pm – Session 7: Making your event artist and audience friendly with Ciara O’Mahony – Project Manager with Promenade, Declan McCarthy – Artistic Director of Skibbereen Arts Festival, Tara McGowan – Director of Cairde Sligo Arts Festival and Garry McCarthy – Creative Director The Kabin Studio. Register here→
- November 28th, at 12:30 pm – Session 8: Sustainability at Outdoors Events with Áine May Hughes – Sustainability Coordinator at Native Events. Register here→