Join Theatre Forum for this landmark event in the performing arts 2023 calendar. Hundreds of artists, arts workers and arts organisation people from arts centres and production companies, festivals and funders will get together in Waterford’s Theatre Royal and Garter Lane for two days of conversation, provocation, and inspiration.
In the time-honoured tradition of our conference events since 2005, you’ll renew friendships and make new connections. On Tuesday evening, you’ll get to experience a specially curated artistic programme followed by dinner in our oldest city’s Viking Triangle.
On this page you’ll be able to
- Book your ticket
- Find out about bursaries for independent artists and arts workers
- See the schedule
- Have a look at hotel deals
- See travel info
- Find out more about accessibility in the event venues
Book your ticketWe’re delighted to be partnering with Ticketsolve and Crowd Engage to sell our tickets this year. You can purchase tickets on this link.
- Non-member €280
- Organisation member €140
- Freelance artists/arts worker €100
Your ticket includes day sessions, artistic programme, bespoke walking tour, lunch on both days and evening dinner.
We’re working with Local Authorities currently to offer a series of funded bursaries to attend.
- Carlow County Council
- Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Council
- Kildare County Council
- Offaly County Council
- Roscommon County Council
- Waterford County Council
- Wexford County Council
We’re encouraging organisations to match our bursary and to bring artists to Waterford. You can purchase tickets for freelance artists at the €100 rate for these places.
Ticketsolve Ticket Bursaries
Ticketsolve is sponsoring 20 ticket bursaries for arts professionals working in fundraising & development, marketing, box office, audience development and ticketing. Each ticket bursary has a value of €140 and covers day sessions, artistic programme, bespoke walking tour, lunch on both days and evening dinner. You can find out how to apply for one of these Ticketsolve ticket bursaries over here.
What’s the format?
The event runs over two days (Tuesday 30 and Wednesday 31 May). Your ticket includes day sessions, artistic programme, bespoke walking tour, lunch on both days and evening dinner.
Here’s the basic schedule (full programme will be announced soon).
Tuesday 30 May
Times & VenueDescription
- 11:00 – 13:00 Large Room, City Hall Green Arts Forum
- 12:30 – 14:00 Foyer and Vestibule, Theatre Royal Registration at box office & Lunch in Vestibule.Option for network meetings in Theatre Royal Bar.
- 14:00 – 17:30 Theatre Royal & Large Room Afternoon session (with a coffee break) Curated by Ruth McGowan
- 17:30 Vestibule Drinks reception
- 18:00 – 19:00 Various locations and Theatre Royal stage Artistic Programme curated by Lynn Cahill. Waterford art happens in beautiful and unusual spaces. Its artistic community is full of mischief. The Waterford Gathering invites you to enjoy a series of short live events in and around the Viking Triangle, brought to you by Waterford’s creative community.
- 19:15 – 21.00 Dinner in Bishop’s Palace café & late evening venue
Wednesday 31 May
- 9:30 – 10:30 Walking Tour around cultural spaces and Waterford Walls in small groups
- 10:30 – 13:30 Sessions in Garter Lane (with a coffee break)
- 13:30 – 14:30 Lunch in Garter Lane Ends
The Tower Hotel €120.00 single occupancy€130.00 double/twin occupancy
This includes full Irish breakfast and parkingTo avail of these rates, please call the hotel on 051 862300 quoting reference number #072268 by 29th April 2023.
Dooley’s Hotel €149.00 single room B&B€169.00 twin/double rooms B&BTo avail of this rate, contact Dooley’s hotel directly on 051 873 531 and mention that you are with the Theatre Forum group by 20th May 2023.
Treacy’s Hotel Treacy’s Hotel are offering a 20% discount code off their Website Hotel rates to anyone attending the Theatre Forum event on 30th May 2023. The bookings can be made by logging on to www.treacyshotelwaterford.com. Please enter the code – Forum. This code will expire on 23rd May 2023.
Getting to WaterfordBy train: There are direct train services from Dublin Heuston and Limerick Junction to Waterford. See Irish Rail for full details.
By bus: Bus Éireann provides services to Waterford from Dublin, Limerick, and Cork.
JJ Kavanagh & Sons runs hourly buses to and from Dublin Airport, also stopping in Dublin City Centre (Heuston Station, Eden Quay, and Red Cow LUAS terminal).
AccessibilityTheatre RoyalThis is a wheelchair accessible venue. A wheelchair accessible restroom is located on the ground floor adjacent to the Box Office. There are two designated disabled public parking spaces on The Mall outside the theatre and further spaces available in Bolton Street Car Park (behind Waterford Crystal).
Garter Lane TheatreGarter Lane is a wheelchair accessible venue. The ground floor, theatre, foyer, dressing rooms and gallery plus toilets are all wheelchair accessible from the main entrance.
The Tower HotelThe Tower Hotel is wheelchair accessible. There are elevators in the hotel and wheelchair access to reception, restaurant, function room & bar.