Join us for a unique, fun, and deeply informative workshop exploring Learner Centred Learning and circus!
Learner Centred Learning is an academic pedagogy that places the student as an individual at the centre of the learning process – prioritising exploration, experimentation, self-motivation and community. The pace and structure of Learner-Centred-Learning is set by the needs, motivations and desires of the students, rather than an external curriculum.
As part of the workshop, you will receive a link to the new LCL & Circus Handbook. The Handbook, and this workshop, are the end results of a three-year Erasmus+ project on Learner-Centred-Learning in Circus Education. They have been developed by circus tutors and academic experts across 11 different European countries.
In the session we will explore:
- What are the key principles of Learner-Centred-Learning (LCL)?
- What are the benefits of teaching in this way?
- How do we build an LCL culture?
- How would the role of teachers and managers change?
- What would we expect of students?
- What would look different in an LCL training space?
- Evidence and Evaluation
This session is a multiplier event funded as part of an Erasmus+ project, and will be facilitated by the incredible Peter Duncan.