In collaboration with Safe to Create, Dublin Rape Crisis Centre is providing training on awareness and reporting of sexual harassment and assault for those working in the arts and creative sectors.
Date & time: Tuesday 14 November, 10am – 3:30pm
Location: The Morgan Hotel, Fleet Street, Temple Bar, Dublin 2
Duration: 5 hours, with a 30 minute lunch break
Cost: Free of charge for anyone working in the arts and creative sectors in Ireland
The aim of the training is to:
1. Increase understanding of the law around sexual violence
2. Increase understanding of the impact of trauma
3. Provide instruction on how to support a person who has experienced harassment / assault.
We will cover the following topics:
- Awareness of sexual violence incidences
- Exploration of attitudes and myths about rape and sexual assault
- Understanding of definitions of rape, sexual assault, consent and sexual harassment and their impact
- Guidelines on how to offer support in the immediate aftermath of an incident
- Guidelines on how to safely be an ally to those potentially in a dangerous situation
The mission of the Dublin Rape Crisis Centre is to prevent the harm and heal the trauma of rape and other forms of sexual violence. In line with this mission, our approach in education and training is trauma informed, with the victim/survivor always the focus.
For more information on our training, contact email@example.com or check out www.drcc.ie
Call the National 24-Hour Freephone Helpline at 1800 77 8888 any time for support and information on options if you are impacted by sexual violence.