L.E.A.P into Spring with ISACS!
We hope you had a Happy Easter and that you all enjoyed the recent St. Patricks Day festivities which took place in rural and urban spaces alike across the country and showcased the brilliantly talented ISACS artists. In case you missed it, you can read all about what our members got up to in our recent ISACS artists St Patrick's Day guide.
We are looking forward to sharing more news on ISACS upcoming activities at our annual seminar and AGM.
The days are getting longer and the weather is getting warmer can only mean one thing: more outdoor arts and opportunities to experience! We hope you are excited for the coming months as we prepare to welcome the festival season kicking off with Explore 2018 - ISACS annual seminar on Street Arts, Circus and Spectacle, followed by our Annual General Meeting and board election this April!
Save the date of #Xplore18 and our AGM: Thursday 19th of April at the Ark, Dublin starting at 10 am! We have an exciting line-up of speakers and we are looking forward to hearing your voice at the open Newsround and AGM.
- Jo Mangan - Carlow Arts Festival and Performance Corporation Director
- Stephane Segreto Aguilar – Circostrada Network Director
- Neil Murray - Abbey Theatre Director
- Lucy Medlycott - ISACS Network CEO
- Aidan Phelan – Realta & ISACS Chair
- Juley Ann Collins – Fidget Feet Aerial Dance
- Debbie Wright – Turas Theatre Collective
- Henrik Gard – Circomara
- Sandra Gonzales Bandera – Kadira Theatre
- Catherine Bourne – Cork Community Art Link
- Ken Fanning – Tumble Circus
- Johnny Phelan – Street Theatre Ireland
The event is a free, public event. All Welcome!
View Full Programme and Booking.
The event will be followed by ISACS AGM and board election (members-only).
Three seats on our board are now available. Drum roll for our board's election candidates, please...
- Catherine Bourne - Cork Community Art Link General Manager,
- Chantal McCormick - Fidget Feet Aerial Dance Director and Irish Aerial Creation Centre founder,
- Ria Murphy - Aerial Cirque director,
- David Spathaky - AaeroFisher,
- Nick Kavanagh - Curious State Artistic Director.
Please login your member's space and return your voting Proxy voting papers by the 11th of April if you can't attend the AGM! Please join in today if you want to vote at and attend our AGM.
We also have very exciting news this month as we have started a new L.E.A.P. Programme - Learn, Experience, Achieve, Prepare. Please welcome our new L.E.A.P trainee:
Defne Güçlüer - Research and Information Assistant
I'm from Istanbul and living in Dublin. My background is in Arts Management and I'm currently doing a post-grad course on Cultural Event Management at IADT. I worked in many international music festivals, live events and theatres. It is very exciting and interesting for me to work with ISACS and learn all about the circus, street arts and spectacle sector in Ireland. I believe the L.E.A.P. Programme will help me achieve new skills, gain experience in administration and networking and also prepare me for the sector. I'm very glad to be a part of this amazing team.
We are delighted to have Defne with us for next three months as our first Research and Information Assistant and look forward to supporting, encouraging and training her in a range of skills. Welcome to the team Defne! If you are interested in taking part in our mentorship programme, please check our L.E.A.P. programmes in Communications and Event management and Research and Informations.
Stay tuned to our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram