Focus Irlanda at Mirabilia Festival 2018 | Call for application!
The Irish Street Arts, Circus and Spectacle Network are inviting applications from street and circus artists to present their work at the International Circus and Performing Arts Festival, Mirabilia Festival in Busca, Italy in June- July 2018.
Founded in 2007, Mirabilia Festival is a unique festival nestled in Piedmont, an Italian province near Turin, with an emphasis on the circus, street arts and dance genres. Festival Mirabilia supports the formation of industry professionals and the work of artists, promoting collaboration and networks on a wide international scale.
For the second year in a row, Festival Mirabilia and ISACS have come together to create the second edition of an Irish Focus programme supported by Culture Ireland: Focus Irlanda.
Three Irish artists have been given the opportunity to present their work within the Festival Mirabilia programme, to a public audience and to the international community! There is one space left for a street artist to perform alongside award-winning aerial dance company - Loosysmokes and the genius living artist - Tom Campbell.
Deadline for applications: Thursday 10th May 2018!
- Solo/duo show only
- Street performance
- Current and active Member of ISACS Network
- Suitability for the Festival Mirabilia Programme (Outdoor programming)
- Availability to perform in Busca between the 26th of June - 1st of July 2018
- Artistic Output to date
- Originality, Innovation, Contemporaneity and Imagination of Proposed piece for presentation.
Please send the following:
- A short description of the performance,
- Three images,
- A showreel/video
- A tech spec
Deadline to apply: Thursday 10th May 2018.
- Accommodation and expenses of the companies meals. Festival Mirabilia, will provide all the meals for the successful artists while performing.
- Accommodation. Festival Mirabilia will provide accommodation for the successful artists.
- Travel expenses. ISACS, through Culture Ireland, have a limited amount to put towards the costs of internal travel expenses, return flights from Dublin to Milan and other associated travel costs.
- Artists Fees. Festival Mirabilia will provide a set fee to the artists performing, to be agreed directly with the successful candidates and will directly relate to the scale and ambition of the project (number of artists, technicians, set up, etc)
- Technical Requirements. The technical requirements submitted to the Artistic Direction of Festival Mirabilia at the moment of the negotiation of the programming of the piece is what will be validated as final. Any subsequent change in this requirements will be the responsibility of the artist.
- Availability. The companies selected for the Official Programme must be available to perform from 26th June - 1st July 2018, during Festival Mirabilia. Every company must perform a minimum of 2 times and a maximum of 6 times during a minimum of 2 days period.
In 2017, Culture Ireland has devoted support for three ISACS members, Dueda, Francesca Castellano and Maleta, to present their work in Fossano, Italy within Mirabilia - International Circus and Performing Arts Festival programme from June 27th until July 2nd.
Read Focus Su Irlanda 2017's report.
Any queries regarding this call out please contact Lucy Medlycott, ISACS CEO at 087 0541812 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish to become a member of the ISACS Network, to avail of this offer, please read our members benefits and join today.