DELVE # 5 in partnership with the National Circus Festival Ireland
DELVE # 5 is worth over €200.00 and highlights include:
- Weekend Ticket to the National Circus Festival Ireland. Includes access to all shows, seminars and training programmes
- 2 nights accommodation in the Grand Hotel, Tralee (Incl Breakfast) Friday 11th, Saturday 12th November.
- Subsidised Travel - up to €50.00
- Invitation to the 'artists dinner' courtesy of National Circus Festival Ireland on the Saturday Evening.
Suitable DELVE Applicants will be:
- ISACS Members
- Have never attend the National Circus Festival Before - First Timers!
- Must be available from Friday 11 November afternoon through to Sunday 13 November early evening.
- Have an interest in writing, blogging and critical discourse around Circus, Street Arts and Spectacle
In addition to being part of the full experience of of the National Circus Festival we ask that the successful participants will agree to attend and participate in the following events as part of the DELVE programme:
- Arts Council Funding clinic: Saturday 12th November, Tralee from 10 - 11am - Read more here
- ISACS Open Forum event ‘Share’: Saturday 12th, Tralee from 11.30-1.30pm - Read more here
- Circus Siamsa, Saturday 12th, National Circus Festival - See programme here
- Silver Lining: Saturday 12th, Throwback: National Circus Festival - See programme here
- Kamchatka, Sunday 13th, National Circus Festival - See programme here
Finally a key part of being a DELVE participant is to provide post event feedback in the form of a written piece that details your experience of the event, things you liked and why, maybe things that did not work for you, responses to work, to the festival and to the DELVE programme. This can be anything from 400 - 1000 words, more even if the spirit takes you! ISACS will provide a structure to help focus the responses and will publish excerpts on our website as part of the overall DELVE participants writings. This is a great opportunity to build confidence in writing about these exciting art forms, with mentors on hand for advice and guidance.
Please apply by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org with a few lines about why you would be a suitable participant: ie what your interests are and how you would benefit from the programme.
Deadline: Friday 4th November
You can read more about DELVE , past programmes and participants here: http://www.isacs.ie/delve-programme
If you would like to become an ISACS member read all about member benefits and registration here (membership starts at just €30.00!)
What makes this DELVE extra special? (we hear you ask...)
In addition to all the brilliant events scheduled for the National Circus Festival, ISACS have lined up a number of further events in Tralee for that weekend to have your estival diaries fit for bursting!
Arts Council Funding Information Clinic: Saturday 12 November, 10 - 11am, Tralee Chamber Alliance
The Irish Street Arts, Circus & Spectacle Network are delighted to announce The Arts Council will be holding an open Funding Information Clinic in association with the National Circus Festival Ireland. The aim of this clinic is to provide information about the various funding schemes currently available for circus, spectacle and street artists. The clinic will be led by Head of Circus, Dance, Street Arts & Spectacle Davide Terlingo, and Circus, Dance, Street Arts & Spectacle Adviser, Verena Cornwall.
Event details: https://www.facebook.com/events/266207090446035
Share: ISACS annual open forum: Saturday 12th November 11.30 - 1.30pm, Tralee Chamber Alliance
Come along, hear a wide range of views and share your opinions, ideas & experience in a safe open forum for all interested in the future development of these art forms. This is a free, public, open event and with a diverse selection of speakers ranging from performers and programmers to directors and stakeholders, a lively discussion is guaranteed.
Event details: https://www.facebook.com/events/1775675469374795
MA Festive Arts students will be attending the National Circus Festival, creating new writing in response to the many events and performances during this festival with mentors on hand for advice on how to develop critical response the these arts forms.
This follows on from a series of events that The MA Festive Arts is presenting around Writing for Street Arts, Circus and Spectacle at the Irish World Academy of Music and Dance, Limerick on Wednesday 9th and Thursday 10th November. This seminar explores different ways of critically engaging with street arts, circus and spectacle. Drawing from their own experience within the sector, the speakers will explore the role of reflective and critical frameworks in the development of the position of street art, circus and spectacle in a range of international contexts.
- Tower Seminar, Wednesday 9 November 2016, 4pm - 5.30pm: Critical Encounters with Street Arts, Circus and Spectacle
- LOGOS Seminar, Thursday 10 November 2016, 10am - 12 noon: Practical focus on creating networks between artists and writers, with time for discussion and exploration with our invited speakers.
- Practical skills in arts journalism with Cristín Leach, Thursday 10 November 2016, 1pm-4pm.
Visit the Eventbrite page for full details of speakers, registration and booking https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/writing-for-street-arts-circus-and-spectacle-tickets-28395229897
ISACS would like to thank the Arts Council for their continued support of the DELVE and ISACS work.