Date: 27 / 09 / 2016
Time: 11am - 4pm
Where: Upstairs, Level 5, LexIcon Library, Haigh Terrace, Moran Park, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin
Tickets: Free Registration for ISACS members only
ISACS are delighted to present Balancing Your Books: A Free One Day Guide on Tax and Self Employment in association with dlr Arts Office. The workshop will be led by Dean Haughey, Chartered Accountant and Tax Manager at JPAS Ltd, a firm specialising in tax & accounting for the Arts & Entertainment industry.
This workshop is free and available only to ISACS members.
Please register your interest by Tuesday September 22nd by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Balancing Your Books.
Topics to cover will include:
If you have any particular topic you would like to be covered please let us know when registering your interest.
- Do I need to register with Revenue?
- How to keep basic accounts
- What expenses can I claim for?
- What tax reliefs/allowances am I entitled to?
- Sole trader versus a limited company
- How to form a company
- What company structure is best for me?
- Registering for the Revenue Online Service (ROS)
- Deadlines for filing and payment.
- Are there penalties for late filing?
- Effective ways to manage income & profits
Date: 26 / 07 / 2016 - 27 / 07 / 2016
Time: 10am - 3pm
Where: Presentation Centre, Enniscorthy, Wexford
Tickets: See below
ISACS are delighted to host this unique 2 day Master Class in Physical Theatre and Mask Techniques, in association with the Wexford Arts Centre and Waterford Spraoi, led by David Poznanter and Peter Sweet of Boom Circus (US) over the 26th + 27th July in Enniscorthy, Co Wexford, just days before they set to wow the crowds at the Irish premier of their dynamic street show ‘Boom’ at Waterford Spraoi, the longest running street arts festival in Ireland over this August Bank Holiday weekend.
“BOOM!” breathes new life into the ancient tradition of masked theatre, full of spontaneous improvisation, heartwarming drama, impossible skills and hilarious moments of sheer humanity. Peter Sweet and David Poznanter portray a cast of 6 characters who put on an entire circus, complete with slackrope, Cyr Wheel, juggling and live music”
Date: 11 / 04 / 2016
Time: 10.30am - 5 pm
Where: Dublin Circus Project,
This year's ISACS annual seminar is themed 'EXplore' and is set to learn about avenues of creation, expand horizons and discover new territories!
Come along make new contacts, hear about inspiring projects, have a nosey around the wonderful new space of Dublin Circus Project and generally get excited about this amazing, emerging, growing community!
- Noeline Kavanagh - Macnas: ‘Imagination/Inspiration/Axis for Change'
- Con Horgan - National Circus Festival of Ireland: 'Widening Horizons & Challenging Audiences'
- Sarah Blanc - Moxie Brawl: 'Swapping shores'
- Brian O'Connell - Circus Fergus: 'Open your Mind & Step Beyond'
- Annette Nugent - Marketing & Communication Consultant: 'Talking Heads' - ISACS Audience research Project
- David Atkinson - Pop the Cherry & Sarah Bermingham - Storyful: 'Digital Media - Hate it - Love it!'
The following Suppliers will also be present on the day:
- IOMST, Insurance Partners
- Andi Goodwin, Aerial Rig Fabricator
- Stephen McGinley, Circus Props
This is followed by our formal AGM 2016 for fully affiliated members only. There will be a number of elections taking place for various positions on the ISACS board. Please download our Membership & Election Procedures 2016 here. If you are considering standing for election, please read our guideline for the Role of Board member. Deadline for Nominations Thursday 7th April. Download your Nomination Papers 2016 here.
And of course lunch will be provided by the wonderful Jennie Moran of Luncheonette!
Full schedule available to download here: AGM-schedule-2016
What is not to like??
Please RSVP if you want to have lunch to email@example.com or you might just have to go hungry for the day!!
See you then!Directions to Dublin Circus Project are available here.