Dublin Circus Project (DCP) was founded in 2009 by a grassroots collective of circus artists who endeavoured to build an organisation to share, practice and develop the artform in Ireland. DCP is now a key resource organisation for Circus in Ireland, based in The Orchard Community Centre. We are funded by the Arts Council and Dublin City Council, and are a member of the Irish Street Arts, Circus and Spectacle Network (ISACS); Circus Works; The Wheel; and Caravan International Youth and Social Circus Network.
Our Vision is to Dream Big, Achieve Excellence, and Live Circus.
- Develop artists by providing a training space, as well as training, development and residency opportunities.
- Train youth and create opportunities for the new generation of Circus artists.
- Enact social change by fostering life skills through the experience of circus.
- Enable our wider community to express itself through the arts.
- Deliver high quality Circus performances.
- Create working opportunities for associated artists.
- Advocate for the circus arts by collaborating with all relevant groups, organisations, agencies and institutions.
Our Core Values:
- To strive for artistic excellence and creativity.
- To be fully equitable and inclusive of all regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, marital or family status, religion, or abilities.
- To use the Circus Arts as a vehicle for social development and change.
- To respond proactively to the needs of our community and members.
- To promote mental and physical well-being through Circus.
- To operate in an environmentally sustainable manner.
- To always reach out, connect and strive to build meaningful and long lasting relationships.