Community arts charity that encourages meaningful collaborations between artists & local Cork City residents. We create of spectacles, parades & props to encourage deeper connections to bring creativity to places where people live, work & play.
We work with people to create a sense of community identity and collective pride enabling people to learn more about themselves and the world around them while having fun. Our work engages with people both as participants and spectators in public spaces, developing new ways of connecting with the arts.
CCAL Aims to:
- Provide access to the arts for all
- Create High Quality Art in Places where people live work & play
- Support existing groups & services within the community
- Provide a platform for diverse groups to work together with a common goal
- Influences a strong ethos of participation & a spirit of ‘can do’
- Celebrate and build upon existing local traditions & culture
- Provides a space for people to come to which is welcoming & inclusive
- Contribute to the well-being of the local community by engaging with key target and minority groups to encourage social integration & participation through the development of the arts
- Develop participants’ capacity to conceive, organise & deliver projects/events within their community and or centres
- Support community well-being