Your County Council is thinking about arts and culture, what we would like to achieve with Wexford communities, the activities and infrastructure we’d love to develop in the five years from 2023-2027. We’d love to get your input and invite you to talk to us about what you believe should be included.
We invite you to attend one of our upcoming Focus Groups in person in September and/or to contribute to our online questionnaire here→
As part of our work to develop a new Wexford Arts Plan as well as a new Culture & Creativity Strategy, we are considering arts and creativity’s role in everything ; from community, youth, artists’ development, the creative industries, to heritage, wellbeing, ageing, economic development, placemaking, climate change and the environment.
There will be general as well as focused discussion at each Focus Group, so feel free to attend the one closest, most convenient or most relevant to your area of interest.
FOCUS GROUP 1 – ENNISCORTHY
- Theme : Social inclusion, Diversity and Equality
- Date: Thursday 8 September, 11.00am – 1.00pm
- Venue: Presentation Arts Centre, Convent Road, Enniscorthy , Co Wexford Y21 X889
This focus group will look at the feeling of belonging in Wexford, equity of opportunity for all ages, abilities, and identities in relation to access to the arts and cultural activities. We will include discussion about the arts in a wide variety of community contexts, as well as in youth arts.
FOCUS GROUP 2 – WEXFORD
- Theme : Artists, the Arts and Creatives
- Date: Thursday 8 September, 6.00pm – 8.00pm
- Venue: Wexford Library, Mallin Street, Wexford town, Co Wexford Y35 AY20
This focus group will look at the needs of artists and creatives at all stages of their careers. It will include discussion about arts infrastructure, funding and grant structures, workspaces and opportunities for artists and creatives, who work to make Wexford a great creative county and place to live.
FOCUS GROUP 3 – KILMORE QUAY
- Theme : Social Inclusion, Well-being, Age Friendly initiatives, Festivals
- Date : Monday 12 September, 3.00pm – 5.00pm
- Venue: Stella Maris Centre, Seaview, Kilmore Quay, Co Wexford
This focus group is about promoting social inclusion, well-being and belonging in Wexford, and will include discussion of arts and health initiatives, age friendly initiatives, arts festivals and other arts in community contexts.
FOCUS GROUP 4 – GOREY
- Theme: Creative Industries, Screen Wexford, Crafts and Heritage
- Date : Tuesday 13 September, 11.00am – 1.00pm
- Venue: Gorey Library, Gorey Civic Square, The Avenue, Gorey, Co Wexford Y25 WK37
This focus group considers how we can activate more opportunities in the creative industries, film, craft, heritage sector, and all fields working in the culture and the creative economy in Wexford.
FOCUS GROUP 5- NEW ROSS
- Theme: Placemaking, Environment, Heritage, Climate Action
- Date: Wednesday 14 September, 6.00pm – 8.00pm
- Venue: St Michaels Theatre, South Street, New Ross, Co Wexford
This focus group will look at what makes Wexford a creative and environmentally aware county to live, work in, and visit, through our natural, built and cultural heritage, public spaces, and considers the environment and climate action.