Do you work in community arts? Are you interested in supporting our team to make Cork St Patrick’s Parade more inclusive and engaging? Would you love to get creative with a community group? Then come find out more about our Community Artist-Curator in Residence pilot opportunity (budget €22500) and see if this could be for you!
This information seminar will include the following:
- An introduction to the Cork City Council Events Team and an insight into what they do to produce the Cork St Patrick’s Festival annually, including the parade;
- An overview of the Community Artist-Curator in Residence brief and how it will creatively contribute to the Cork St Patrick’s Parade through engagement with one or more communities;
- An outline of each of the application stages for this opportunity and what is required;
- An insight into the experience offered to Stage 1 shortlisted candidates;
- An overview of supports available to the successful candidate following selection in Stage 2;
- An invitation to ask questions about the opportunity and application process;
The purpose of this residency is to support Art in the Public Realm, a strategic priority of Cork City’s Arts and Culture Strategy 2022-2026. We hope it will enable us to build on the strong tradition of outdoor arts in Cork City and capacitate the realisation of memorable arts experiences in the public realm, across all art forms and practices, ensuring environmentally sustainable approaches.
Full details and submission guidelines can be accessed here https://www.corkcity.ie/!PZT3GS