Unique opportunity to join Functional Juggling workshop with Craig Quat, a renowned theorist and practitioner of inclusive social circus pedagogy. Craig will be offering a two day workshop this December, hosted by Cloughjordan Circus Club in Cloughjordan, Co.Tipperary.
- Dates: Tuesday, 12th December and Wednesday, 13th December 2023
- Duration: 10am – 4pm
- Location: St. Kieran’s Hall, Cloughjordan, Co. Tipperary
- Cost: €100 per person
- Bookings: https://cloughjordancircusclub.ie/product/functional-juggling/
Places are limited and early booking is advised.
This workshop is designed to provide facilitators with a foundational understanding into the theories and practice of Functional Juggling. During this course, you will be led through a process of deconstructing your understanding of juggling and given new tools for the purpose of recreation and accessibility. The outcomes for participants will be an ability to create and improvise new forms of juggling environments for any type of person. Additional in depth investigations of nonverbal and sensory integrated communication strategies will also be explored.
- Philosophies + Intentions + Solutions
- Functional Juggling + Theory of Process Formations
- Spatial Sequencing Maps + Flow State Stimulation
- Correction Strategies + Supporting Independence
- Overview + Implications + Background Information
All skill levels are welcome, but some previous training experience is suggested. You can choose to either watch a one hour lecture video and/or download and read the free online book about functional juggling as preparation for the course.
About Craig Quat
Craig investigates the properties of juggling and searches for ways to make it more accessible to more people. In attempting to do so he created a discipline known as Functional Juggling, which formulates an equation of the sensory experience of juggling based on the relationships it allows us to form with space and time. Craig’s ideas make up the foundational philosophies of Functional Juggling and have inspired a new generation of educators to dream bigger and imagine more, than ever before.