Date | 31st July - 4th August 2017 | Dublin IRELAND
I am seeking a number of fluent aerial rope practitioners for this research residency as part of my project 'Movement, Material & Performance'.
- Find out more: Get more information here
- Location: Dublin Dance House
- Opportunity Name: aerial research reidency
- Type: Research & Residencies
Emily Aoibheann Research Residency will take place at Dance House, Dublin from July 31st - August 4th (dates subject to change by 1 week so as not to clash with the BCN rope meeting)
Emily is seeking for 4 - 6 skilled level and/ or professional aerialists fluent in aerial rope and happy to explore ground based movement (acrobatic or dance training a bonus but not required). Men and women are invited to apply.This research residency is part of her project 'Movement, Material & Performance'.
The residency will involve an experimental exploration of aerial as scenographic and dynamic sculpture; will engage in the composition of original music in real time and result in an informal public presentation at the end of the week. The aim of the research is to develop an aerial specific dramaturgy, considering aerial movement as a cosmological practice, among other ideas.
A modest fee (i.e. stipend) and some travel expenses will be provided. The week promises to be productive, fun and engaging work.
Applicants should be willing to engage in experimental and intellectual exercises in movement and willing to contribute and participate generously.
If you are interested in being considered, please send details of your training and performance experience to email@example.com
Please include the following:
1) Head shot
2) Recent training and performance activities
3) Details on current artistic and non-artistic interests
4) Details on other non-aerial skills (from handstands to mechanical engineering)
5) A full length video of you moving with the apparatus (studio videos are fine).
More information in Facebook event here