Founded in 2007, Festival Mirabilia is a unique festival nestled in Fossano, a small Northern Italian baroque town near Turin, with an emphasis on the circus and street arts genres. Festival Mirabilia supports the formation of industry professionals and the work of artists, promoting collaboration and networks on a wide international scale. This year Festival Mirabilia and ISACS have come together to create an Irish Focus/Focus su Irlanda.
Three Irish artists will be given the opportunity to present their work within the Festival Mirabilia programme, to a public audience and to the international community of Circostrada professionals who represent over 26 countries, will be having their General Meeting during Mirabilia 2017.
- Applications are invited from the membership of ISACS via newsletter, social media and direct mail.
- Call out opens on 3rd January 2017. Deadline for receipt of applications will be 5.00 pm on Thursday 12th January 2017.
- Applications will be forwarded to and assessed by the Festival Mirabilia Artistic Programming team.
- Decisions will be communicated to all applicants by the week beginning 16th January 2017.
To apply please submit an expression of interest - outlining the name of the artist & contact details, the name of the work, a brief description of the work and a description of what the applicant hopes to achieve through presenting their work in Festival Mirabilia to email@example.com (max 1000 words). Particular interest in: Transdisciplinary work (contemporary languages including dance, circus, theatre, street or urban theatre, digital arts, contemporary music, video art, etc)
Applications should be accompanied by a short biography/resume/cv, a technical specification of the work and three images, as well as at least one video/youtube/vimeo of the work/the work in progress or the artists most recent work (if the work has not been created yet).
All applications are confidential and will only be shared within the selection committee.
Applications will be assessed using the following criteria:
- Current and active Member of ISACS Network
- Artistic Output to date
- Originality, Innovation, Contemporaneity and Imagination of Proposed piece for presentation
- Suitability for the Festival Mirabilia Programme (Indoor or Outdoor programming)
We are very grateful to Culture Ireland for their support of this project.
The deadline for submission of completed applications is 5pm on Thursday, 12th January 2017.
What the award covers:
- Accommodation and expenses of the companies meals. Festival Mirabilia, will provide all the meals for the successful artists while performing.
- Accommodation. Festival Mirabilia will provide accommodation for the successful artists.
- Travel expenses. ISACS, through Culture Ireland, have a limited amount to put towards the costs of internal travel expenses, return flights from Dublin to Milan and other associated travel costs.
- Artists Fees. Festival Mirabilia will provide a set fee to the artists performing, to be agreed directly with the successful candidates and will directly relate to the scale and ambition of the project (number of artists, technicians, set up, etc)
- Technical Requirements. The technical requirements submitted to the Artistic Direction of Festival Mirabilia at the moment of the negotiation of the programming of the piece is what will be validated as final. Any subsequent change in this requirements will be the responsibility of the artist.
- Availability. The companies selected for the Official Programme must be available to perform on 28th, 29th, 30th June and / or 1st and 2nd July, during Festival Mirabilia. Every company must perform a minimum of 2 times and a maximum of 6 times during a minimum of 2 days period.
Any queries regarding this call out please contact Lucy Medlycott, ISACS Project Manager at 087 0541812 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To become a member of the ISACS Network, please go here: http://www.isacs.ie/members/members-benefits.html