- You are here:
- Galway Community Circus
Galway Community Circus
Galway Community Circus is a charitable organisation built on fun, innovation and a commitment to inspiring and empowering people through circus arts. We use circus arts as an educational tool for personal, social and community development.
- Training Venue
- General info
Galway Community Circus offers a comprehensive range of regular training, specialised workshops and outreach programmes for children, young people and adults. Everything we do at Galway Community Circus is in support of one overriding vision; bringing the joy of circus arts to the community.
To further our vision, we have established the following aims and objectives:
- To create an imaginative and non-competitive learning environment which intends to enhance participants’ sense of well-being.
- To ensure that our work is centred on young people, and that their voices are represented in all aspects of our work.
- To promote social inclusion by actively targeting young people who are considered excluded or isolated because of their circumstances and to continue developing social inclusion measures that remove barriers to participation.
- To ensure the circus operates to the highest standards of governance and management and to maintain and develop our work in accordance with our ethos and guiding principles.
- To create a centre of excellence for youth and social circus education in Ireland.