ISACS speakers: Noeline Kavanagh, Lucy Medlycott, Con Horgan
Date: 24 - 25 - 26 May 2017
Time: 10:30 am – late
Time: All day.
Where: Santa Maria da Feira, Portugal
Tickets: Free entrance - within the limit of places available.
After the first edition in 2015 in Barcelona & Tàrrega, which gathered more than 300 professionals from 30 different countries, FRESH STREET - International Seminar for the Development of Street Arts, is back in 2017 to open new perspectives, establish new contacts and celebrate street arts!
Organised by Circostrada Network and ARTCENA, in partnership with Imaginarius - International Street Theatre Festival, between May 24-26, 2017 in Santa Maria da Feira (Portugal), the second edition will bring together street arts players, artists, programmers, journalists, researchers and policy-makers for three days of stimulating exchanges, insightful debates and valuable networking.
The programme includes plenary sessions - to be inspired, overview sessions - to reflect on the current state of street arts in specific regions of the world as well as tailor sessions - to delve deeper into key thematic topics for today's artistic creations exploring the public space.
Registrations open until May 10th, 2017. Get on it!
- Register: FRESH STREET #2 REGISTRATION (Registration now closed)
- Check out: FRESH STREET #2 PROGRAMME
Highlight: ISACS Irish representatives
- Noeline Kavanagh of Macnas Ireland presents keynote speech on May, 24th.
- Lucy Medlycott ISACS Chief Executive Officer curates and leads the plenary session on May, 25th.
- Con Horgan Artistic Director of Fanzini Productions, National Circus Festival of Ireland curates and leads the plenary session on May, 26th.
[Scroll down to IRISH REPRESENTATIVES HIGHLIGHT for full programme details].
Come along immerse yourself in FRESH STREET#2 Portugal before ISACS brings FRESH STREET#3 to Ireland in 2019, in partnership with Galway2020.
FRESH STREET #2 Programme: From Innovation to Sustainability
A rich programme of valuable professional opportunities awaits you - including plenary sessions, overview sessions on street arts in specific regions, focused workshops and networking events - so as to tackle the keys issues for today's artistic creation in the public space.
The event will bring together than 50 speakers from 25 countries.
• 3 Plenary Sessions | 1 Professional Marketplace | 3 Overview Sessions
• 1 Welcome Party | 6 Focussed Discussions | 1 Open Space Session
• 1 Professional Space | 1 festival and many artistic discoveries
• 3 days to open new perspectives, establish new contacts and celebrate… STREET ARTS!
Besides, FRESH STREET#2 presents an opportunity to discover the local scene, see performances, connect with Portuguese street arts players and have a glimpse into an emerging field within the European panorama!
• Good practices in public policies for public space: A statement or a question?
• A street of opportunities: Street arts as a transformative influence
• The global world: Copyrights and street arts
• Innovation takes risks. Safety plans in street arts sector
• How to innovate? New models supporting the artistic creation for the public space
• Be inside: Participation programmes in street arts
• Breaking borders: International partnerships for the street arts sector
• Audience development: Are street arts able to rethink concepts?
FRESH STREET #2 ISACS IRISH REPRESENTATIVES HIGHLIGHT.
Don’t miss on ISACS speakers: Noeline Kavanagh, Lucy Medlycott, Con Horgan!
Artistic Director, Macnas, keynote speaker
WE ARE MORE THAN CELEBRATION, STREET ARTS CONNECT!
CEO, ISACS - Irish Street Arts, Circus & Spectacle Network, speaker and curator
ART FOR PEOPLE, WITH PEOPLE OR BY PEOPLE?
A STREET OF OPPORTUNITIES – STREET ARTS AS A TRANSFORMATIVE INFLUENCE
FRESH STREET#2 is realised with the support of the Creative Europe programme of the European Union, Santa Maria da Feira City Council, Portuguese Ministry of Culture, Portuguese Secretary of State of Tourism and the French Ministry of Culture and Communication.
More information here