Whether you are an absolute beginner or can already free-stand, this course will provide you with a wide array of efficient exercises and progressions to take home to your own practice, with a view to assessing and troubleshooting recurrent issues as well as overcoming plateauing. You will avail of individual hands-on coaching to help you find “your” line.
Over 5 weeks, you will:
- develop core and upper body strength and flexibility,
- learn how to isolate body parts to reach optimal alignment and re-balance,
- learn how to prepare and look after your joints and muscles in efficient warm-ups and cool-downs.
- BEGINNERS: Requisite: none. Beginners will learn the structure of the handstand and develop the tools and long-term strategies to train efficiently and safely to their own levels, with particular attention to the concepts of body tension and joint preparation. Students will progressively develop strength and flexibility while getting used to getting inverted, using the wall and a spotter. They will learn to kick up and bail in a controlled and safe way. Lastly, they will learn to correct themselves as well as spot others and give specific and efficient cues to improve their line.
- IMPROVERS: Requisite: a consistent 20/30-second free-standing Handstand or a comfortable 1-min chest-to-wall handstand. Improvers will focus on consistency and approach the handstand as a whole movement, from kicking up to free-standing. Students will work on specific energy-saving exercises to raise their “successful entries” rate. They will improve their shoulder line and learn body isolations techniques to re-balance efficiently and transition from shape to shape, with the help of spotters and/or the wall. Lastly, students will learn drills and long-term strategies to improve their line and endurance.
~ Date and Time:
Sundays from 1.30 to 3 pm on: 21/05, 28/05 (exceptionally from 11.30 am to 1 pm), 11/06, 25/06, 2/07.
~ Price: €80 for the 5 classes with a 10% Early Birds Discount before Sunday May 13th. Drop-in: €18. Possibility to book separate dates. Spaces are limited to 10.
~ To book: email firstname.lastname@example.org
Get in touch! :)
Photo Credits: Anne Sophie Gigan (edition by SevE Lightdrawing)