Date: 14 / 11 / 2015
Time: 10am - 1pm
Where: KDYS, Denny Street, Tralee
The Irish Street Arts, Circus and Spectacle Network are delighted to host our annual seminar 'Share' at the National Circus Festival of Ireland where we discuss, share and examine the future of these exciting and emerging art forms for Ireland.
Join us and a host of exciting speakers, artists, movers and shakers including:
- Floriane Gaber - writer, researcher, journalist, teacher, cultural consultant and critic of street theatre, mime, circus and spoken/written word performance, will share with us her findings from years of experience across Europe and beyond, on successful models for the development of the Street Arts, Circus & Spectacle art forms.
- Tina Segner aka Tina Machina of Tumble Circus, will be sharing with us her experience of life on the road as a non traditional circus trapeze performer, the highs. the lows, and what the future of circus in Ireland looks like to her right now.
- Jo Mangan, Artistic Director of The Performance Corporation will be talking with us about the importance of story, character, emotion and raison d'etre when creating work....what is it you want to say and how are you going to say it!
- Spencer B Craig all the way from Montreal and performing the Cerceau in Tralee, will be talking to us about life in Ecole Nationale de Cirque, Montreal and what it means to train, train and train some more....!!
- Guillaume Cousson otherwise known as Riuchi - infernal poi mover and Ninja extraordinaire will be talking to us about how he prepares for grant applications and what makes them successful.
- Miriam Dunne of Arts Council Ireland will share with us some insights as a street art programmer on many different events in Ireland for over 20 years.
This will be one not to be missed!